Friday, September 12, 2008

The Philippines A Super Power?: teaser

We had our English formal them today and the question/theme is quite interesting: "What will it take to make the Philippines a superpower on the level of China?". A sarcasm; or a question out of the current obscurity of the future, I guess. you can think of it as a joke but you'll end up guffawing. There's just this sense of a string of hope amidst the carpet of dismalness. Our teacher even said that we don't even need to be serious about it because its impossible. As I won't joke around serious matter, I unconsciously wrote seriously. But anyway, I'll just share to you what I wrote but sadly, my work is with my teacher and I'm only left with an unfinished draft. I'll post the whole thing as soon as I get my back. For the mean time:

China, the Olympic Host of the 2008 Olympics, the place of the cheapest laborers, one of the highest exporting, highly industrialized countries, just recently been accepted as a major superpower.Sure it takes a hell lot of money to be like that. Before a country becomes a superpower, it first needs to have a powerful economy and an efficient industry. Can the Philippines bear that?

to be continued...

So there you go. A 1 paragraph teaser. It may be a week, or so I think, before I'll be able to retrieve my work. Just stay tuned :)

No comments:

View Today's Cartoon
Free Daily Cartoon by Bravenet.com