Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hobbyist Part 1

My life's kind of humdrum right now. I think I already lost my definition of pleasure. That's quite not right, I guess. Well I mean happiness.

That's why I'm constantly searching for something that I can be proud about. Some accomplishments that would let me feel the taste of excellence but at the same time remind me of some of the joys of life. But we're not well-off. We're just a regular family, just being granted enough for living and and some spare. So I can just choose a hobby out there and in a flash, already achieving. No. Almost everything's calculated. And, our ideology in these pressing times is that, food is always top priority. It's ok tightening up on everything, cutting electrical and water costs, but not food. See how my parents really take care of me and my brothers.

But we don't loose the meaning of happiness. It's just me. So in the past year, I've been dreaming, dreaming about that glorious moment when I finally finish something that I aspired and been through for a long time. Or at least be proud of work I built from sweat, blood and time. So what are really my choices? As I said, we're not well-off. So even in these little ambitions of accomplishing something goes inside harnesses. Choices are very limited. But dreams are free right?

Hobbying, must it be collecting, comes with a price. Hobbies are truly expensive. But even if, I can't stop dreaming. And one of those dreams is computer gaming. I've got to admit, it's truly an expensive hobby to pursue. Being a gamer means being with the current selections of the latest games. Original games alone cost gold. What more of the computer. Modern games need a lot of computing power. They need the most juice of current day technology. They need ultra fast processors and video cards. And those cards and processors cost a diamond. Now that's exaggerating. But really, even the mainstream gamer needs at least 20,000 pesos. That amount I'm absolutely sure to my death, won't be granted to me by my parents even if we became rich just this instant. Gaming not only has those risk factors for really sacrificing money for hardcore fun. But there is one risk factor that I won't be able to escape: the moral and health factor.

*this is one of those long entries that will need to be cut for easier digestion. Will be continued in the next entry :)

No comments:

View Today's Cartoon
Free Daily Cartoon by Bravenet.com